Tuesday, August 12, 2008

On Sunday night MInte and I started watching Moulin Rouge. She fell asleep and once I realized that it was 430 in the morning i decided it was time to stop the movie and go to sleep. Last night I finished the end of the movie. i've seen it once before and I love it. the story is amazing and shows love so perfectly. I can't really explain it. This is probably my favorite part of the whole movie.
---------------------

TOULOUSE: The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return!

[SATINE looks up, her back to CHRISTIAN. CHRISTIAN pauses. The AUDIENCE murmurs. WARNER looks at CHRISTIAN, but he doesn’t turn around. SATINE comes to a realisation. Slowly, she turns around.]

SATINE:

Never knew I could feel like this. . .

[With great pain, CHRISTIAN slowly starts to walk forward again out of the theatre. As SATINE sings, her voice grows stronger.]

SATINE:

. . .It’s like I’ve never seen the sky before.

Want to vanish. . .

[CHRISTIAN pauses, in inner turmoil.]

SATINE:

. . . inside your kiss,

Everyday I’m loving you more and more.

[SATINE walks forward across the stage, as CHRISTIAN slowly turns around.]

SATINE:

Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing,

Come back to me and forgive everything.

[SATINE gasps for breath, but recovers.]

[SATInE cues the orchestra to accompany SATINE.]

SATINE:

Seasons may change, winter to spring. . .

The DUKE is seething with rage.]

SATINE: I love you,

Till the end of time.

[A pause.]

CHRISTIAN:

Come what may. . .




No comments: