Monday, February 15, 2010

People have always said that I have a lot of people in my family- which is true. They are always asking how I can live with so many kids. Aren't they loud and crazy? :) -True but i love it.

When you get to a like 3 or 4 kids running around the house after that if you keep adding more to the mix it doesn't seem like that many. It's probably just how my brain works because we've had so many kids always at Omi and GrandpaDu's and here. The worst part is when you take away one person it seems like there is this huge hole. If someone isn't home for dinner it feels like you're missing 5 people instead of 1. This case is different... You wait and wait for those noises you're so used to and they don't come. Each morning I get ready in the bathroom and for months when I got ready I could hear the oxygen machine making it's noises. Dad said it sounded like Darth Vader. And when I was getting ready the other morning and I thought I heard it again. I stopped what I was doing and listened more carefully only to realize that Dad was walking around the house with the same rhythm as the sound that I'd grown accustomed to hearing. Or at night you could always hear Dad walking around finding a snack to help him stay awake while watching Zoe and feeding her. You could hear her making her cooing noises and fussing. Sometimes at night when everyone else is sleeping I still think I hear it.

This type of quiet is nothing you can explain to others so I'm not even sure why I'm trying but right now it's all I can think about...

No comments: